Wednesday 12 May 2010

Hangovers

It will come as no surprise that hangovers and babies do not go well together. Add an OFSTED inspection into the mix and you've got a particularly potent cocktail. Fortunately (for me) the inspection was not at my school but my wife's. Having found out on a Friday afternoon her school was open on the Saturday - which meant I was home alone with the baby for an additional day, with a hangover. I'm certainly not after sympathy - I knew full well as I was traipsing the bars/clubs of the Triangle / Park St early Saturday morning that I'd be in charge later in the day, but after a few beers such details seem trivial.

Saturday turned out to be not too bad - I didn't get dressed all day so it was rather like being a student again and my daughter was on good form. Sunday also saw me in charge , this time minus the hangover thankfully. Don't get me wrong - I'm loving pretty much every minute of looking after my daughter but it is for only 3 days a week. My respect for those doing it on their own all week is growing daily. Not sure I could do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment